Lemon Coconut Rice
This is comfort food at its best, and this recipe is also a great way to use up leftover rice in the fridge. You can serve Lemon Coconut Rice as an accompaniment to a main meal or simply have it as a snack by itself!
Serves: 2 | Time: 15 mins | Difficulty: Easy.
- One large bowl of steamed rice.
- Two sprigs of fresh curry leaves.
- Four tablespoons of Cocofly Desiccated Coconut
- Two red chillies, slit at the centre.
- Half teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Two tablespoons of peanuts.
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Two-Three tablespoons Cocofly Edible Coconut Oil.
- Juice of one lemon.
- Few sprigs of roughly chopped coriander.
- Salt to taste.
In a pan, add the Edible Coconut Oil.
When hot, add the mustard seeds and let it splutter.
Add the curry leaves, peanuts and chillies. Stir.
Add the turmeric powder and stir well. Add a few drops of water to avoid the turmeric from burning. Keep the flame low.
Stir in the rice, the lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
Add the Cocofly Desiccated Coconut and stir.
Garnish with a few sprigs of coriander and peanuts.
Looking to complete the meal? Why not try this rice dish with our effortless Iffy-Jiffy Prawn Curry?
Image Courtesy: notaleaf.com